All drivers have a TWIC card, Class D Chauffer's license (Louisiana requirement only) and a DOT Medical Card. Also, all applicants for employment must have a clean "Motor Vehicle Record," pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical and breathalyzer test in order to be considered for employment.
GST has a written emergency action plan, emergency evacuation plan, and evacuation re-entry placards.
Educational and safety programs provided for drivers:
- First Aid and CPR with Blood Borne Pathogens
- Foley Safety
- Smith System
- Pre-employment & Quarterly Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Quarterly Safety Meetings
- JJ Keller (Includes Defensive Driving I & II, etc.)
- JSA - Job Safety Analysis
- BBS - Behavioral Based Safety
- SSE - Short Service Employee Program
- PEC - Premier Safety Management
- MSDS - Material Safety Data Sheets
- HS&E Manuals - Health Safety & Environmental Training
- GST Employee Handbook
- Advanced Training Tracker - Helps management keep track of employee safety training schedules.
The president and upper management ride long with each driver to get a hands on experience of how each driver handles the road. The driver is evaluated by management to see how well they handle the road and unexpected situations while driving. Also, vans are followed from time to time without notification.